SERIF AFFINITY - ADVANCED MODE
r you start with a RAW file Affinity will recognise it and open the file in a RAW editing mode.
The editing mode contains all of the necessary tools: exposure, contrast, clarity, white balance adjustment, editing of shadows and highlights, histogram adjustment, and the refinement of tones and detail.
Serif Affinity is one of those cross-over programs that can be used by the beginner for making simple changes to an image, and yet includes the tools that are required by the more advanced photographer.
In the early days of digital image processing I heard a lecturer (at my local photographic society) say:
If you ask any question beginning with ..... "Can it do...." the answer is probably "Yes"
This is the case with Affinity operating at its most advanced level.
Clicking on the Develop mode (top left-hand side of the screen) takes you into the normal image
All the tools you would expect are there:
- selection, fill, paint, gradient, erase, dodge, burn, clone, pen, mesh warp ... and so on.
Not only are there tools down the left-hand side of the screen, but there are also processing options within the File bar of the computer screen.
For example, you can work in Layers ....
Once all of the image processing
has been completed it is a
simple step to merge the Layers
into a final version of the image:
For me it is a no-brainer.
- Great all-round image processing software.
- Affinity Photo is very able and will fulfil the needs of most photographers - at a remarkable price.
- I am not surprised that it was voted as Apple's 'Mac App of the Year' award, 2015
- The available tools are so complete that they rival Photoshop.
- Comprehensive Raw editing in a dedicated built-in workspace with all the processing adjustments and corrections you need.
- Excellent selection tool working with great precision.
You can work in RGB, CMYK, LAB, or Greyscale colour space.
- Affinity provides end-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management, and 16-bit per channel editing.
- Excellent PSD support, plus all the file formats you are ever likely to need, including: PNG, JPG, TIFF, EPS, PDF, and SVG.
- Able to pan and zoom at 60fps with live previews, live tools and real-time editing, even when working on massive images with 1000s of layers
- Since Affinity can be purchased with a (small) one-of payment it really does challenge the notion of paying for any othersoftware on a subscription (monthly payments) basis.
This is true value for money: you can download your copy in an instant - just go to the web site from here and have a look for yourself ... but let me warn you - you will be buying it!
Cookies can be managed in your browser or device settings.
Where you see a link please assume that it is an affiliate link. By using these links you will pay nothing extra for the product, and any income generated through those links will help to cover the cost of maintaining this site. I try at all times to provide informative reviews and information about various products.The partial funding through affiliate commissions with Amazon, ShareaSale, SmugMug, TradeDoubler, Corel, Serif, 7-dayshop, Topaz, On1, Webgains, ACDSee, Calumet, CJ Affiliates, VigLink, Jessops Photo, Digital Photography School, and any other specifically named company does not in any way affect the cost of the item to you. The cost is exactly the same as if you had gone to the merchant site directly.
The reviews and recommendations are as honest as I can make them. If you buy on the basis of that review or recommendation, then do not like the goods and you return them to the vendor I receive nothing -so there is no point in providing a good review of a duff product.