All of the software reviewed here have been tried and tested by myself.
Photographs are copyright c.John C Doornkamp
- Some image processing software is designed for the new photographer who wants to be introduced to image processing without too many complications. Other programs are designed for the more advanced or even specialist user.
- Only you can decide into which category your needs fall.
- It will help the new-comer to image processing to know that even the "simplest" of the available software has within it the capability of carrying out quite sophisticated changes to your original image.
- To assist you in making the right selection for your purposes the software is roughly divided into two groups: Software for the beginner to image processing, and software for the experienced and more advanced user.
- These two categories are difficult to apply because some of the "simple" software also includes very advanced features, and all of the software for the advanced worker allows quite simple processing to be carried out.
- My advice would be this - become completely comfortable with the use of the simpler techniques before becoming too concerned about using the more advanced techniques, even if this means buying another software package at a later date. (In any case, by then it is more than likely that the "advanced" software will have been revised and become even more robust.)
Cookies can be managed in your browser or device settings.
Where you see a link please assume that it is an affiliate link. By using these links you will pay nothing extra for the product, and any income generated through those links will help to cover the cost of maintaining this site. I try at all times to provide informative reviews and information about various products.The partial funding through affiliate commissions with Amazon, ShareaSale, SmugMug, TradeDoubler, Corel, Serif, 7-dayshop, Topaz, On1, Webgains, ACDSee, Calumet, CJ Affiliates, VigLink, Jessops Photo, Digital Photography School, and any other specifically named company does not in any way affect the cost of the item to you. The cost is exactly the same as if you had gone to the merchant site directly.
The reviews and recommendations are as honest as I can make them. If you buy on the basis of that review or recommendation, then do not like the goods and you return them to the vendor I receive nothing -so there is no point in providing a good review of a duff product.