ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC
I first started to use Photoshop when it was in its 5th incarnation.
Over the years it has steadily acquired the reputation of being a world-leader in image processing software.
The drawback for many amateur photographers, however, is its price, and the fact that it does not allow
one-click auto fixes (as many of the other programs do.)
The Main Features of Adobe Photoshop CC
- There are two things to note about Adobe Photoshop CC (1) you need a Creative Cloud subscription, and (2) payment is based on a monthly payment plan (currently $9.99 per month - but you do get Lightroom 5.5 as well for the one price).
- Using Creative Cloud involves signing in with your Adobe ID (if you don't have one it doesn't take long to create one).
- Once you have installed Creative Cloud you can then install Photoshop.
- The full Photoshop software will do everything that you ask, and can do a great deal more.
- It is a mammoth piece of software, a tour-de-force in image processing, and may be well beyond your needs.
- There is so much to this software that I hesitate to illustrate what can be done in Photoshop CC.
However, I have brought in an image that has been edited slightly in RAW and now is in the Photoshop editor as a .tiff file.
In this cafe scene (Bratislava) the darker areas are too deep and some of the lighter areas are very bright.
I elected to edit these in different layers so that I could assess the eect of subtle changes in each
adjustment before applying it to the image.
The result a controlled and distinct improvement because of the Layers function.
Now, Photoshop CC is not alone in oering Layers. But then, there is still much more that can be done with Photoshop CC.
There is far too much to review here, so I suggest that you go directly to the Adobe site by CLICKING here.
You need not doubt that you will get all you want (and more) with this software.
However, you have to decide if you want to go on paying a subscription to use it, or whether you would rather go for one of the other advanced programs knowing that they too may well do all that you ask of them.
Have a look at the Adobe web site and see what you else is possible with this major tool for the digital photographer: go straight to the right place on the Adobe site by clicking here.
Adobe Photoshop CC can be obtained together with a copy of Lightroom by using this link:
Cookies can be managed in your browser or device settings.
Where you see a link please assume that it is an affiliate link. By using these links you will pay nothing extra for the product, and any income generated through those links will help to cover the cost of maintaining this site. I try at all times to provide informative reviews and information about various products.The partial funding through affiliate commissions with Amazon, ShareaSale, SmugMug, TradeDoubler, Corel, Serif, 7-dayshop, Topaz, On1, Webgains, ACDSee, Calumet, CJ Affiliates, VigLink, Jessops Photo, Digital Photography School, and any other specifically named company does not in any way affect the cost of the item to you. The cost is exactly the same as if you had gone to the merchant site directly.
The reviews and recommendations are as honest as I can make them. If you buy on the basis of that review or recommendation, then do not like the goods and you return them to the vendor I receive nothing -so there is no point in providing a good review of a duff product.